Meet the folks who make it all happen. We see big potential in every moment, and care deeply about what we do every day.
- Gerry Holzman – Gerry was the creator of The Empire State Carousel (ESC). He developed the Carousel over 21 years from inception to final installation in the Farmers Museum at Cooperstown, New York. Gerry will be our technical advisor for the project.
- Jill Irving -Jill is a woodworking teacher at Portland Arts and Technology High School (PATHS). Jill was instrumental in the artwork for the ESC and painted many of the animals on the Carousel. Jill will lead the artwork and painting on our Carousel.
- Linwood “Woody” Leland– Woody is an RN at MMC and works in Information Technology (IT). He is also a Professional Photographer and will chronicle the progress of TMSC as it becomes a reality.
- James McCain– James has provided turnaround services in the manufacturing industries. He also specializes in the start-up of new companies. James is also a talented woodcarver, with many years of experience.
- John Richard “Dick” Shryock – Dick spent 30 years at Maine Medical Center. He spent much of his career as a Business Intelligence Analyst, using data to solve any number of business problems. He is also a woodcarver. Dick will be the President of the corporation and CEO of the project.
- James McCain Jr. – James proudly supports The Maine State Carousel with his expertise in nonprofit management and landscape design & management.
- Paul Wells – Paul has over 35 years of marketing experience. He is currently the President and Founder of Elkmont Media located near the mountains of East Tennessee. Paul specializes in web site design (including this one!) e-commerce websites, social media marketing and more.
- Robert James (Bob) Shryock – Bob is a retired Painter and Wall Paperhanger. Before his long career Working on some of the most outstanding private homes in Southern Maine, Bob attended Art School and created really interesting graphicsl. Bob will be joining Jill on the Artistic team.
- Lee Graf – Lee is a Maine Native who has worked in the forestry industry. He curently manages an estate in Mid-Coast Maine which houses a private carousel. Lee is responsible for all aspects of maintaing and operating that carousel and will be great asset to our project.